Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rainy Day

PA190018 PA190025 PA190026 PA190022 PA190055
Scarf: Gap
T-shirt: Gap
Cardigan: thrifted
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Steve Madden (6PM.com)
Purse: vintage Dooney and Bourke (thrifted)
Ring: thrifted
Bracelets: American Eagle, Madewell

I don't normally pose with my Starbucks—I feel like it's a little douchey—but hear me out. 

Ben and I were done with work by noon last Friday, and we decided to take advantage of our afternoon off by going out to eat and going for a walk. We had lobster soup for lunch at New England Soup Factory and then headed to Starbucks for our post-meal caffeine. As we left Starbucks, it started to rain, so we ducked under an overhang to snap a few photos, Starbucks cup and all. I couldn't let a perfectly good outfit go to waste! As it was pouring, a walk was out of the question, so we took a leisurely drive through neighboring Marblehead instead. It ended up being a wonderful day in spite of the rain. 

How do you like to spend your rainy days?

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great rainy day...and I could totally go for some Starbucks :) That is such a cute fall outfit...love the scarf and those jeans!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Starbucks pose is working...and so if the fun and bright yellow cardigan.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that first line made me laugh! I'll let the cup slide this time... ;)

    That sweater is cute and I love your loafers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this outfit!!! :) Ha-ha you are funny, I think the coffee cup is fine ;) you make me want some starbucks right now. I love love this scarf. I wish I got it a couple of years ago... sigh.

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that look! It's not raining here or cold.. but I could still go for a PSL haha!

    <3
    carelessly graceful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always look so comfy yet super cute! Sounds like it was a pretty fantastic rainy day!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you managed to snap some pics despite the rain. I love the colors in this outfit. The scarf really ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off I love that handbag I "use" to carry around one one of those bad boys back in the day. Love it great find!
    That sounds like a perfect rainy day to me. For some reason if its raining we are always out and about rarely inside probably because less traffic.

    XX-Myrna
    Http://mybeatboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mustard cardi and it looks so cute with the plaid! Sounds like a fun rainy day :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. great rainy day outfit!! I love your shoes. I like to crochet at home, maybe watch movies and make soup on rainy (cold) days but that doesn't happen as much as I'd like...I would probably be doing laundry instead haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable. LOVE the shoes.

    xo,
    Terry

    http://terrys-two-cents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this look, has got to be one of my favorites of yours! So many cute pieces, including the Starbucks cup :) (is that really douchey?? uh oh for me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outfit! and whatever, your Starbucks is an added accessory that says "I'm keeping warm and cozy" in this outfit. Rainy day coffee is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a perfect fall color palette!

    http://www.confessionsoftheglitterati.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to spend my rainy days reading inside or taking cat naps. LOVE the red & mustard colour combination and as always your natural hair buns are better than my sock buns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your vintage bag
    www.shyandstriking.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute run around outfit! Love the color pairing, so vibrant and you look great even though you were running around. Great post!

    KT

    ReplyDelete