Monday, October 15, 2012

In My Hometown

PA080100 PA080115 PA080118 PA080097

Scarf: Gap
Blouse: Marshall's
Ring: Phoenix & Co. 
Leggings: Vera Wang (Kohl's)
Boots: Charlotte Russe  


I'm baaack!

As some of you may have noticed, I took a break from blogging last week because B and I (and our kitties) traveled back home to Pennsylvania. It was the first time we'd been home since moving to Boston last year, and it felt surprisingly good to be back.

On our second day there, we took a time-out from our busy visitation schedule and walked through my father's neighborhood  Our first stop was a nearby cemetery, which was one of my favorite places to walk & wander when I was growing up.

PA080138 PA080124 PA080105 PA080126

Take a look at the above gravestone. It's very interesting and kinda famous; there's a replica of it in the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.

PA080133 PA080134 PA080136 PA080130

After we walked through the cemetery like a couple of creeps, we ventured through the rest of the neighborhood to enjoy the beautiful fall weather and to do a little leaf-peeping.

PA080088 PA080140 PA080145 PA080146 PA080149

Although I very much enjoyed my time away, I really missed blogging, and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things this week. I'll be sharing more from my visit home in the upcoming days.

21 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful there - and I get a kick out of all the cemetery photos. I also really like your yellow shirt, it's great color on you.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! Glad to hear you had a great vaca. PA. Looks gorgeous .

    XX-Myrna
    Http://mybeatboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Hannah! Looks like you had a great time in Pennsylvania; lovely fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Love that sheer yellow blouse:) It looks like you had a fantastic time in PA. Also, that is the coolest gravestone ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Happy to hear you had such a wonderful trip home. I love this outfit...it screams fall!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Bubble Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back! Hooray! I loved the tour of your hometown. I'll be going home for Thanksgiving and I'm actually very ready to see my old stomping grounds. There's something about fall and nostalgia and hometowns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I've ever felt any sort of pull back home, so it was a strange experience. We're planning on visiting again over Christmas break, so we'll see if the magic is still there then :)

      Delete
  7. YA YA! your back! So happy to see you back! :) I love those leggings...and that blouse... actually just the entire outfit! :) Beautiful pictures. That Tombstone is very interesting.

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for PA/Girard! One of my really good friends (sorority sister) is from there! You probably know her haha :P
    I don't think walking through cemetaries is creepy at all. Especially when it's so pretty like in your pictures! Cute outfit!

    <3
    carelessly graceful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pretty pretty. Love your outfit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful fall day! Love you outfit!

    Kristina

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love walking around my home town. I've got a graveyard near my house too and sometimes it's nice to walk around there... I know it's weird, but It's kind of calming...
    Anyways, love your yellow top! super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pretty pretty! I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's the story on the creepy baby/cherub? Don't leave me hanging! Glad I'm not the only one who likes creeping in cemeteries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so there's this semi-famous guy from my hometown named Dan Rice. Read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rice.

      That was his & his wife's baby, who obviously died young. I think it's such a haunting/beautiful image for a grave stone.

      Delete
  14. So beautiful! Oh how I miss Pennsylvania sometimes, especially this time of year! Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you from PA too? I don't think I knew that!

      Delete