Monday, October 1, 2012

Feelin' Casual

P9250193 P9250186 P9250179 P9250170                       

Vest: Old Navy
Top: Madewell
Bracelets: American Eagle, Madewell, Salem street vendor
Purse: Vieta (Marshall's)
Jeans: LC Lauren Conrad (Kohl's
Shoes: Target

Usually when Ben and I declare a date night, I like to get a bit dressed up. I'm not saying I go all out, but I do enjoy feeling just a little fancy.

Last Tuesday was a different story. Ben had the day off from work, and one of my classes was canceled, so I skipped my other classes and took the day off too. It was one of the laziest, most relaxing times we've had in recent memory, a rare day when there was nothing on the agenda. After a morning and afternoon spent reading & writing, cuddling with cats, and watching bad television shows on Netflix, we (finally) decided to get dressed and venture out of the apartment for a dinner date.

Instead of donning a more formal get-up, I opted for something super casual and comfy in keeping with my easy, relaxed day. It was the first time this fall that I've worn my safari vest, but I can promise you'll be seeing it many more times.

Happy Monday!

27 comments:

  1. Lazy days are fast becoming my favorite ones...and I just don't get enough of them it seems.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this relaxed date night look :) Jealous of your lazy day, those are the best! And I can't wait to break out my safari vest for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy mornings and cat cuddles are the best. Glad you got to take a day off, and I love this casual look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lazy days, nothing compares to it. You are totally rockin that top knot and I love the safari vest!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect lazy day. Love your vest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lazy days are the best! I want that vest but my Old Navy didnt't have it :(

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace + Chanel print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered mine online last year. Maybe check the website?

      Delete
  7. per usual you are adorable! Love the casual look...and I am super jealous of your day off!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look, love your vest
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable fall look! I love your amazing topknot and I can't wait to see more of the safari vest. I used to have a similar one, but all my friends made fun of it and I gave it away. Don't make my mistake!
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the cautionary tale! I'll definitely be hanging on to my vest for awhile :)

      Delete
  10. Loving this casual look. You are absolutely adorable!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfits are so cute! Glad to have found your blog <3

    Best,
    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome day! Love your casual date night look - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. your bun and vest are FANTASTIC! happy fall, lady!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! I love your top knot, I wish it was something I could do with my hair!
    - Monica
    Caravan of Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loooove the sound of that day. Stuff like that should happen more often, no?

    And even when you're dressed down, you're better dressed than most! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We usually have a relaxed date night every so often since we're dressed up for work typically. You look adorable and I love that vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense! B & I don't have to dress formally for work/school, so I guess we're in the opposite boat :)

      Delete
  17. Nothing like a casual Monday. I love these colors with your hair color!

    xo, Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! It's one of my favorite color combos.

      Delete
  18. sounds exactly like kyle & i :) we always joke about taking off work and playing hooky for the day to watch movies! i like to put in a little extra effort getting dressed when we go out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing hooky is just necessary sometimes - especially in the cold winter months. Or on dreary fall days :)

      Delete