As some of you may know, I moved into a new apartment on Wednesday. I haven't had time to unpack my kitchen, but I didn't want to postpone the Foodie Friday fun! Krystle, who blogs at Fashion & a Cup of Tea, generously offered to provide one of her favorite recipes (from BBC Good Food) for today's post. Krystle blogs about feminine fashion & yummy teas, and once she gets her oven sorted out, you'll be able to find some great baking recipes on her website too! Be sure to check out her blog - and try her yummy recipe too!
The summer season calls for gorgeous salads—it's pretty much a requirement. Now is the perfect time to create colorful & healthy meals, adding a bit of sass to your usual greens. I found a delicious salad recipe that's perfect to add as a side dish or to eat as a main meal.
- 500g bag new potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 20g pack dill, leaves roughly chopped
- 100g goat's cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until tender. (You could also opt to roast them in the oven for 20 minutes at 420F if you like them a bit crispier like me). Lift out with a slotted spoon, drain well, then place in a serving bowl with the oil, lemon zest and juice. Leave to cool.
- Add the broccoli and beans to the pan of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes until tender but still with some bite. Drain, then cool under cold running water.
- Stir the drained broccoli and beans into the cooled potatoes with the dill and some seasoning (salt and black pepper will do). Break the goat's cheese into chunks and scatter over with the pine nuts.